A South-to-South cooperation program, primarily focused on theoretical and
practical courses on topics related to science, technology, and innovation.
To promote the scientific development of Bolivia through the direct visit of Latin American researchers, as part of the TYAN Educational and Research Program for Sustainable Development in Least Developing Countries (LDCs) and Science and Technology Lagging Countries (S&TLCs). Especially encouraging the participation of women to promote Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) such as Gender Equality and Quality Education, among others. Bolivia faces serious challenges due to climate change, a growing population, limited agricultural productivity and increased urbanization, all which may be better addressed through science.
March 6th – 10th (Monday to Friday), 2023.
Main campus of the Universidad Mayor de San Andrés (UMSA) at La Paz, Bolivia. La Paz city is a vibrant financial and cultural center and it is also the site of its best university.
- TYAN, TWAS Young Affiliates Network
- TWAS, The World Academy of Sciences
- IIQ-CCQ, UMSA, Instituto de Investigaciones Químicas- Carrera de Ciencias Químicas, Universidad Mayor de San Andrés
- SOBOQUIM, Sociedad Boliviana de Química
- ANCB, Academia Nacional de Ciencias de Bolivia
- CEUB, Comité Ejecutivo de la Universidad Boliviana
- Oberon S.R.L.
- Pablo Bolaños-Villegas (Costa Rica) -Plant reproduction and breeding
- Federico Brown (Brazil/Ecuador) – Animal models for experimental research in developmental biology
- Yraima Cordero (Brazil) – Biospectroscopy
- Leslie Tejeda (Bolivia) – Food chemistry
- Franco M. Cabrerizo (Argentina) – Photochemistry
NOTE: More information and details will be posted soon